Hungry for . . . cake
Snacks and celebrations
WORLD CAKE DAY (MAY)
international cake day (july)
Cake Day (November)
- First cakes (made with nuts and honey), are thought to have been made in Ancient Greece and Egypt.
- According to Google, “cupcake recipes” are the fastest growing recipe search
- World record for the tallest tower of cupcakes consisted of 18,818 cupcakes, the huge structure towered above the onlooking crowd at 12.69 m (41 ft 8 in) Chennai, India
- EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR CAKE -
Maddie’s grandmother GG spent her child and teen years in France.
There she learned about the French culture and food cuisine and then passed that interest and love onto Maddie.
The night Maddie arrived in Lima,
GG prepared Maddie a traditional French Charolotte Russe; one of Maddie’s favourite cakes.
What’s your favourite cake?
Ö Peruvian Red Velvet
Ö Pound Cake (Ghana)
More Fun Facts
- Pancakes covered in maple syrup is Canada’s most ‘iconic’ cake.
- World’s tallest cake prepared by students and staff at a Culintary School in Jakarta, Indonesia stood 108 feet and 3 inches high.
- January 27th is National Chocolate Cake Day.
carrot cake for dogs
happy birthday wynn
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. (118 ml) creamy all-natural peanut butter
(NO SUGAR or ARTIFICIAL PRODUCTS)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. (4.92 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 c. or 227 ml shredded carrots
- 1 c. or 227 ml flour (white, whole wheat, or almond)
- 1 tsp. or 4.92 ml baking soda