Hungry for . . . cake
WORLD CAKE DAY (MAY)
international cake day (july)
Cake Day (November)
- Anthropologists say first cakes made with nuts and honey are linked to Ancient Greece and Egypt
- According to Google, “cupcake recipes” are the fastest growing recipe search
- World record for the tallest tower of cupcakes consisted of 18,818 cupcakes, the huge structure towered above the onlooking crowd at 12.69 m (41 ft 8 in) Chennai, India
- EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR CAKE -
GG, Maddie’s grandmother spent her child and teen years in France. There she learned about
French culture and food cuisine. She passed on her knowledge to Maddie through stories, food and especially cake!
GG prepared Maddie a traditional French Charolotte Russe, one of Maddie’s favourite as a “WELCOME TO LIMA” cake.
What’s your favourite cake?
Ö Peruvian Red Velvet
Ö Pound Cake (Ghana)
More Fun Facts
- Pancakes covered in maple syrup is Canada’s most ‘iconic’ cake.
- World’s tallest cake prepared by students and staff at a Culintary School in Jakarta, Indonesia stood 108 feet and 3 inches high.
- January 27th is National Chocolate Cake Day.
happy birthday wynn
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. (118 ml) creamy all-natural peanut butter
(NO SUGAR or ARTIFICIAL PRODUCTS)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. (4.92 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 c. or 227 ml shredded carrots
- 1 c. or 227 ml flour (white, whole wheat, or almond)
- 1 tsp. or 4.92 ml baking soda