MAY 7 - WORLD CAKE DAY
November 26 - international Cake Day
Fun cake Facts
- Anthropologists discovered early cakes made with nuts and honey linked to Ancient Greece and Egypt.
- According to Google, “cupcake recipes” are the fastest growing recipe search
- Tallest cupcake tower held 18,818 cupcakes (Chennai, India).
- Covered in maple syrup panCAKES are Canada’s ‘iconic’ cake.
- World’s tallest cake prepared by students and staff (Jakarta, Indonesia) was 108 feet and 3 inches high.
- January 27th is National Chocolate Cake Day.
- any DAY IS A
GOOD cake DAY -
Maddie’s grandmother who she affectionately calls GG, grew up in France. GG shares her French culture with Maddie through stories and food. Maddie’s favourite French cake is a Charolotte Russe. Click on the link to see the cake and recipe.
In The Adventures of Maddie Leon: A Continental Shift, Maddie makes a Red Velvet cake with a Peruvian twist for Jojo and his family. She challenges Jojo to identify the cultural twist she added to the cake. When she finds out how good he is at picking out spices and herbs in food, she invites him to come back when her dad makes his secret spaghetti sauce. She is sure Jojo will be able to identify her dad’s secret ingredients.
You can find recipes online for Red Velvet cake with a cultural twist, as a pancake mix, or cupcake recipe.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CAKE?
Wynn’s favourite is Carrot Cake. See her 2nd birthday picture below along with a recipe to make carrot cake 4urDog. Send us a picture of you and your favourite cake, if we can and with your permission will post it on our website, Instagram or FB page.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. (118 ml) creamy all-natural peanut butter
(NO SUGAR or ARTIFICIAL PRODUCTS)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. (4.92 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 c. or 227 ml shredded carrots
- 1 c. or 227 ml flour (white, whole wheat, or almond)
- 1 tsp. or 4.92 ml baking soda