International Noodle Day
October 6 – eat your noodles!
Fun noodle Facts
- Noodles dates back 4000 years ago to China
- Most popular noodle is Ramen . . . even astronauts eat RAMEN
- April 4th is National RAMEN Day. Visit cupnoodles museum to learn more.
- Macaroni and cheese or spaghetti between two slices of bread = a sandwich!
Step 1: Determine how much pasta or noodles you should cook.
Step 2: Cook your noodles
Step 3: Serve hot or coldNeed to know more about measuring pasta?
Types of Noodles
Types of Pasta
- long and medium length | thick, thin, very thin, coiled, twisted, wide
- stretched (mostly seen in Italian cuisine)
- soup (bows, macaroni, grains, orzo, alphabet)
RENE Leon's Secret spaghetti sauce
Maddie wants to know the secret ingredients in her dad’s famous spaghetti sauce. She’s invited her friend Jojo, a spice and herb detective over to discover his secret.
Can you detect a herb, spice or individual ingredient in the food you make or eat?
Follow Maddie Leon and her friends as they learn about the sameness and differences in each others food, fashion, and futures.