Hungry for . . . soup
cultural twists on soup from
Canada - France - Ghana - Peru
- Earliest archaeological evidence for the consumption of soup dates back to 6000 BC, and it was hippopotamus soup.
- Soups are classified into two groups: clear soups and thick soups.
– What do you think . . . is hippopotamus soup clear or thick?
- Soups can be consumed hot or cold, depending on the climate of the region where it’s being served, and flavors can be sweet or savory.
- Condensed soup (you add water, milk or additional broth), was invented by Dr. John T. Dorrance, a chemist with the Campbell Soup Company, in 1897.
International Soup Day:
Homemade Soup Day:
have you had it?
Story is about a hungry stranger(s) who convince people of a town
to share a small amount of their food in order to make a meal to share.
With a little offering from everyone . . . they all had a meal and friendship in community.